Sunday, June 2, 2013

New Blog/Etsy Look!

I am so happy to announce that my blog has a new look! I have been wanting to create a custom logo, and a blog/etsy design to go with it. My prior look, I did, but I wasn't to fond with it, so my search began for some inspirations.

Then came Nina from Nina's Design Studio, and her etsy shop is here.  I came to her with a vision, and once she provided the logo, I wasn't to thrilled. She provided her ideas, and then I provided mine, and it turned out PERFECT! She was very patient with me, which I probably drove her crazy at times, but after about 5 days, it was done.

So a little bit about the logo, I love to craft and my husband loves to cook. Because I post my husband's cooking here in addition to my crafts, I wanted to incorporate it in the logo. My husband is from Portugal and my family is from Mexico, so I wanted to incorporate that as well. 

The "roof" on top of our logo is a mix of Dahlia flowers, which the dahlia flower is Mexico's National Flower, and the Lavender flower, which is Portugal's National Flower. Within the name Casa De Sousa, are a pair of scissors to symbolize my crafting and a whisk, to symbolize my husbands cooking.
The design is simple, fresh, and perfect for us!

Thanks Nina, you did an awesome job :)


1 comment:

  1. You are welcome. And no you did not drive me crazy! You were awesome to work with :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...