Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Weekend Cooking with "Chef" De Sousa

Sorry for all the emails today, but I had to catch up :)

My husband has found a new love, and thank goodness for me, it's Cooking!! Over the last couple of years, he has grown to be a good "chef". He doesn't like to be called a chef, but I call him that. We have a lot of cookbooks, and on the weekends he cooks our meals. It gives me a nice break from cooking dinner during the week.
He is a lot more comfortable in the kitchen now, and it's showing in his meals. 

Since I share my crafting, Im going to start sharing his cooking.
 After each meal, he asks me to rate the meal and give my feedback. Sometimes it's a bad review, and sometimes it's a great review. 


For our Mother's Day Celebration the hubby planned a 4 course meal. There were about 30 of us that were going to be there, which required a lot of sous chefs! He wanted to make sure all the plates were done and served all at once. He did an amazing job, and it all turned out great!

First course was
 Grilled corn with ginger and lemon

Our Vintage Tea Party Setting










My niece and me (left)



The yummy corn
Recipe from Weber's Way To Grill Cookbook




Second course was 
Crispy Salt and Pepper Squid with 
Cucumber Salad 
recipe by Gordon Ramsay

(one of my favorites)





Third course was
 Chicken Tortilla Soup
recipe by Ina Garten




Fourth course was
Summer Berry Mille Feuille
with Lemon Curd
recipe by Gordon Ramsay



Dessert was my favorite part of the meal

We were all stuffed, but I rated my husband a 10 across the board!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...